Outlook is not merely an email client program. It can perform numerous functions like scheduling appointments and setting up the calendar. Now, if you are working in a professional organization and use Outlook to communicate, then you will have the program attached to Microsoft Exchange Server. By changing the Outlook settings, you can share your Outlook calendar with a specified set of colleagues in your organization. Let us find out the steps involved in this process.
- Select the option Start and then click the option All Programs. From the list of programs, choose Microsoft Outlook.
- Once the Outlook program comes up, select the option Calendar.
- When the Calendar window comes up, choose Share My Calendar.
- The above step opens a new window that looks like the window to compose a new email message. In the field for To, type the name of the person in the organization with whom you want to share the calendar.
- You may type a subject for the invitation in the field for Subject.
- Mark the option Allow recipient to view your Calendar. In addition, put a check mark on the box near the option Request permission to view recipient’s calendar. This will seek permission from the recipient of the message to let you access his/her calendar.
- In the body portion, type a message and choose the option Send. You have the option to review the calendar information enter by you. If everything is correct, select the option OK. This will send the invitation message to the recipient and make him aware that he can view your calendar.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and right click the option Calendar in the program.
- With the above step, a new menu would pop up. Choose the option Change Sharing Permissions in it.
- Under the option Name, choose Default.
- From the various options under Permission, select the level you wish to add to your calendar.
- Select the option Reviewer and this will not allow others to edit the calendar. However, they can still view it.
- If you set the permission level to Owner, others can view as well as edit the calendar entries.