If you are a new user to a group in Windows, you will not be able to access application and network resources, associated with that particular group immediately. This is because the security token of that group has not been updated for you. Well, here in this post, I have come up with some simple instructions that will help you resolve this issue within a matter of few minutes.
Instructions from Microsoft Support Team
• Start the process by logging into the domain controller that the user has logged onto using the incorrect security token.
• Now, you need to go to the Windows “Start” menu located on the left side bottom corner of your computer screen and then click on the icon that is labeled as “Run.”
• Next up, in the search field of the Run utility, you need to type in the text “cmd” and then hit the “OK” button.
• After that, you need to open the Microsoft LDP Support Tool and enter the text “ldp” when prompted and hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
• Then, in the LDP application window, you need to click on the “Connections” and then select the “Connect” button. This will open up the “Servers” box.
• You need to mention the server that needs modification. Enter the domain name that holds the group membership cache and click the “OK” button.
• Choose the “Bind” option from the connection menu in the LDP application window. This will open up the “User” box.
• Type in the administrator account and password in the space provided. Then, enter the text “Administrator” in the “User” box and click on the “OK” button.
• Once you do that, you need to open the “Browse” menu in the LDP application window and then select the “Modify” option. This will open up the “Attribute” window.
• In the Attribute window, you need to enter the text “updatecachedmemberships” and type “1” into the “Value” box.
• Following which you need to select the check box next to “Extended” in the LDP application window and press the “Run” button. An updated security token will be provided to all the group members. As such, they do not have to reboot the domain controller or user’s system.
Follow these instructions if you want to update the Windows security token without a reboot. For further assistance on this, please get in touch with the Microsoft support team. Adios!