Yahoo toolbar is a kind of browser add-on, which helps you to get easy access to the various functions and services offered by Yahoo like Yahoo search and Yahoo mail. However, sometimes, you may find the Yahoo toolbar annoying and may want it to be removed from your system as well as from the browsers. Removing Yahoo toolbar from browsers is very easy. All you have to do is to carefully follow the instructions given below.
Removing Yahoo toolbar from IE
- Open the Internet Explorer application in your system by either double clicking its shortcut icon or by accessing it through the Start menu.
- When the IE opens up in your screen, on the top right side of the IE window, you will see a sprocket icon. After locating it, you need to click this icon.
- Next, you need to select the option called Manage Add-ons.
- This will pop up a list showing all the toolbars. From the list called Toolbars and Extensions, you need to find Yahoo toolbar.
- Click the option called Disable after selecting the Yahoo toolbar. This will help you to remove Yahoo toolbar from your Internet Explorer browser.
- Kick start the Mozilla Firefox browser in your system by double clicking the shortcut icon for Firefox. In the top right corner of the Mozilla Firefox browser, you will find a menu called Firefox.
- Click the menu called Firefox to open it.
- Now, you need to select the option called Add-ons.
- From the list of extensions, you need to locate Yahoo toolbar.
- After locating it, click the Yahoo toolbar followed by clicking the option called Disable to delete it from your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- This will remove Yahoo toolbar from your Firefox browser.
- Double click the shortcut icon seen for Google Chrome browser to open it.
- In the upper right corner of the browser window, you will find a button containing three horizontal lines, and you need to click it.
- After that, you need to click the option called Settings followed by clicking the option called Extensions.
- From the list, you need to find Yahoo toolbar and click it. To delete the Yahoo toolbar, you need to click the trashcan icon.