One of the major issues with the Outlook program is that it crashes frequently when you try to open it if there are any corruption issues with the data files of the program. The Outlook program stores its data as either OST or PST files. Here we discuss how to fix the data corruption issues found in the Outlook program.
- If you are working with the Outlook program currently, then close the program and exit from it.
- Open the file browser by double clicking on the My Computer icon found in the desktop and then navigate to the folder path shown here for opening the Scanpst.exe file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14.
- When you have found the Scanpst.exe file, double click on it to launch the Outlook repair process.
- Now the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool dialog box appears on the screen, click on the button named Browse found in the dialog box for finding the Outlook data file stored in your system.
- After you have found the Outlook data file, which can be either a .pst file or an .ost file, click on the Open button.
- If you are using a Windows 7 or Windows Vista computer then the location of the Outlook data files will be in the locations given below.
- PST file will be found in the location C:\Users\username\My Documents\Outlook Files.
- OST files will be found in the location C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
- If you are using a windows XP computer, then the file location will be as given below
- PST file will be found in the location C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Outlook Files.
- OST files will be found in the location C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
- After selecting the folder path, click on the Start button found in the Outlook repair dialog box for starting the repair process.
- After the scan is completed, the Outlook repair tool will show you all the issues found in the system and will show you necessary information. After reviewing the report shown by the program, click on the Repair button for starting the repair process.
- After the repair is complete, click on the OK button to save the changes and close the program.