The most popular email client from Microsoft is Outlook Express. It has a wide variety of features making it the popular one among the Windows users. In fact, the Outlook Express application can be utilized to set up your work email account, so that you will be able to receive all the emails coming in that email account through Outlook. Well, given below are the simple instructions from the Outlook Express help team to set up your work email account in Outlook.
- Before setting up the work email account in Outlook Express, it is necessary to contact the email provider to know about the type of email server that the company use. It can be HTTP, SMTP or POP3. In addition to this, you are required to have an idea about the details regarding the incoming and the outgoing mail server and you should know whether accessing the account requires any Secure Password Authentication (SPA). These are the common information that you need for setting up the work email account in Outlook.
- Once it is done, you need to open the Outlook Express application in your system by clicking on its shortcut icon or by accessing it from the Start menu. If the process of configuration takes place automatically, then you may move on to the next step. Otherwise, you need to navigate to the menu called Tools, and then select the option Accounts. Next, you need to click on the option Add followed by selecting the option called Mail.
- Type in your name in the field Your Name. This is the name that the receiver will see when you send a mail. Then, click Next.
- In the next page, you need to write your email address followed by clicking Next. This will take you to the next page where you need to enter the incoming mail and outgoing mail server information. From the drop down menu, select the type of servers followed by typing the incoming and outgoing mail address. Finally, click on the Next button.
- Next, you need to type the name for your account and the password in the corresponding field. Checking the box named Remember Password will help the Outlook application remember your password details.
- Finally, click on the button called Next and conclude the process by clicking Finish.