Yahoo mail is a free email service provided by Yahoo. This email service uses the POP3 protocol, which helps the user add the Yahoo account to other email service clients like Outlook Express. By setting up Yahoo email account with Outlook, you will be able to access all the emails that are coming in Yahoo email from Outlook Express. Given below are the instructions from the Outlook help team to connect Yahoo mail to Outlook.
- Open the Outlook application in your system and from the Outlook window’s toolbar, you need to click on the option called Tools. Then, you need to click on the option called Account Settings, followed by clicking the tab Email. Thereafter, select the option New. Also, do not forget to put a tick mark to the box that says, IMAP, POP3 or HTTP, followed by clicking the button Next.
- In the text box named Your name, you need to enter your name and similarly in the text box named Email Address, enter your complete Yahoo email address. Now, put a tick mark in the box named Manually configure server settings or additional server types, followed by clicking on the button Next. Also, check the box called Internet E-mail, followed by clicking the Next button.
- From the drop down menu called Account Type, select the option POP3. In the text box named Incoming mail Server, enter pop.mail.yahoo.com. Similarly, in the text box named Outgoing mail server, you need to enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Once completed, in the text box named User Name, type in your complete Yahoo email ID. Similarly, in the text box called Password, you need to enter the password of your Yahoo email ID. If you need Windows to remember your password, check the box that says Remember Password.
- Now, you need to select the option called More Settings and check the box that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Again, click the option called Advanced and check the box that says This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) seen under Incoming Server (POP3). You also need to change the port number of incoming mail server to 995. Similarly, check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) seen under Outgoing Server (SMTP). Also, change the port number of Outgoing mail server to 465.
- Next, you need to click the button called Next, followed by Finished.