Are you a HP laptop user? Is your laptop running slow? Adding extra RAM to the laptop will definitely make it run fast. It is always easy for the CPU to access the RAM than the hard disk. RAM is the acronym of Random Access Memory and it is a type of data storage used by the CPU of the computer. The amount of RAM installed in your computer directly determines how fast your computer can perform assigned tasks and run multiple programs.
Therefore, adding RAM will increase the performance of your PC. If you are having an HP laptop, adding extra RAM is a very easy and an easy task and requires you to remove only a few screws. The steps to do this are explained below. You may also know more about this by referring the HP laptop support module of the official website of HP.
Instructions To Add RAM
- Shut down the computer and remove the AC cable from the connector of the laptop. After doing this, turn the computer upside down so that you are looking at the bottom of it.
- You can spot the memory bay at the bottom of the laptop. Unscrew the cover to the memory bay. You may use a Phillips-head screwdriver to do this. Make sure to ground yourself by placing a hand on a metal object and the other on the computer cover.
- Open one of the memory bays. You can do this by spreading the clips on either end of the bay with the help of your fingernails.
- Hold the new RAM chip on its ends and place the connectors into the bay. You can recognize the connector as it is gold colored. To snap the connector in place, press it down.
- Rotate the clips over the new RAM chip to close the memory bay. After completing this, replace the cover to the memory area and tighten the screws. Plug in the AC connector of the laptop and turn it on to check if it is working properly. Now, check the available RAM from the system properties option.
These are the simple steps to add a new RAM module to your HP laptop. If you are not okay with any of the steps, you may seek the help of an HP laptop support technician to complete the procedure.