If you have problems with your Windows Vista computer showing pop up messages all the time, then there is an easy way to fix it. Most of the time, users complain about these pop up messages interrupting their work. Well, here in this post, I have come up with some simple instructions as suggested by our Windows Vista help team that will help you solve this problem. Let us see how.
- Firstly, go to the Windows Start menu that is located on the left side bottom corner of your computer screen. This will open up a list of options on your computer screen from which you need to click on the icon that is named as Control Panel. Doing so will open up the Control Panel window.
- Next up, you need to double-click on the icon that is named as User Accounts in order to launch another window that is labeled as Make changes to your user account. After that, you need to click on the option that reads Turn user account control on or off. This will open up another window.
- Once you do that, you need to hit the OK button in the new window and wait for the prompt that will request for your computer to restart. Hit the OK button again in order to reboot your PC. This will stop your computer system from launching pop-ups while you are working on your PC.
- Following which you need to go to your Internet browser to input the command to stop pop-up ads. In the browser window, you need to click on the menu that is named as Tools if you are using Internet Explorer web browser. After that, click on the Pop-up Blocker button.
- Then, you need to press the button that reads Turn on pop-up blocker in order to activate the pop-up blocker of your browser.
- After that, you need to go back to the Tools menu again and click on the Pop-up Blocker button. Select the Pop-up Blocker Settings option and then click on the Medium pop-up blocker setting in order to start blocking pop-ups on your browser without preventing websites from uploading or displaying.
- You can change the sound settings on your browser on the same window if you want it to play a sound whenever it blocks a pop-up.
- Finally, hit the OK button to make your Internet browser save and apply all the changes that you made to your computer system.
Now, that was some information about stopping pop up messages in your Vista computer. For further information on this, please do get in touch with our Windows Vista help team.