The best thing about Microsoft outlook express is that the data created in the outlook express can be transferred from a computer to another computer without having to contend with complications. This can also be done if it is a machine with a different version of Windows operating system installed in it. The fact is that all the data within the outlook express application will be kept under a hidden folder created in your Windows machine by default upon its installation. This feature in outlook express makes transferring data from one Windows machine to another Windows machine easy. In order to transfer data’s from outlook to Windows 7, you can bring in a flash drive to play. Just go through the instructions outlined by the Microsoft help and research panel to make yourself skilled regarding this matter.
• Go to the "Start" and move towards the "Control Panel" tab before accessing the "Folder Options" from the "Appearance and Personalization" tab.
• Tag along the "View" button and enable the tab "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and hit the "OK" tab to show hidden files.
• Go to the "Start" tab again and click on the "My Computer" to bring up the “My computer” window.
• Enter the destination path in to the address bar "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook" in a Windows Vista machine and type in "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" for a Windows XP machine.
• Hit on the "Enter" key on your keyboard and copy the files stored in "Outlook" folder to a removable device.
• Plug in the removable disc in to the USB slot behind your CPU and launch the Outlook express program.
• Hit the "File" tab and follow through to the "Open" button.
• Tag along the "Open Outlook Data File" and select the particular device that you have connected before selecting the files stored in it.
• Choose the "Info" tab that lies inside the "File" tab and move towards the tab portrayed with the label "Account Settings".
• Go for the "Data Files" menu and pick out the PST files.
• Tag along the "Set as Default" tab.
• Now go for the "Remove" tab and hit the "Yes" tab before exiting the current window by clicking the "Close" tab.
Microsoft help and research panel is well equipped with highly qualified professionals to solve any issue regarding the Microsoft products. So, feel free to get in touch with them if you find these instructions difficult to follow.